An excellent opportunity has become available with a leading Civil Engineering and Multi-Utility Contractor in the North East of Scotland.
Nicol of Skene are looking for a Stores Person to join our innovative and growing team. This is a full time, permanent position and responsibilities include controlling and purchasing of stock, source new products at best value, maintain stock levels and monitor Stores Department. This role is based at our Head Office in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the smooth running of the Stores
· Manage and control stock levels
· Control allocation of material costs
· Prepare and purchase all stock materials ensuring best value
· Carry out stock takes and report to Line Manager on a monthly basis ensuring integrity of information produced
· General housekeeping of stores and yard area
· Build and maintain excellent supplier relationships
· Assist in oversight of concrete batching plant
· Achieve targets set by senior management and reporting on progress
· Coach employees on best practices for managing issues and handling daily issues and tasks
· Assist in the supervision of the stores team and handle any HR related issues with the support of the Line Manager and HR team as and when required
· Assist in monitoring staff performance and conduct annual appraisals
· Participate in any necessary training to enhance or improve performance
· Take responsibility for those aspects of OH&S management and assist QHSE Systems Manager in improving OH&S performance and promoting compliance throughout the Company
· Promote a strong Health & Safety Culture
· Any other related duties/tasks assigned as and when required
· Excellent remuneration package
· Private Health Care
· Good working environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and hardworking individual to join a busy and fast-paced team.
To apply, please click the 'apply' button and attach a copy of your CV.
Only applicants who have the Right to Work in the UK will be considered at this time as no sponsorship will be offered.